Follow this link for the 2022 Circuit Schedule
2022 Race Circuit Rules
About the 2022 Circuit
Runner's best 4 races will be scored.
The minimum number of races that must be completed to be eligible for circuit awards is 4 for all age categories except the 11 years and under age category, 12-14 year age group and 70 and older age categories only require 2 races total to participate in the circuit.
The circuit age for each participant will be their age on June 30th.
1. Deadline for USATF membership is Aug 31st. Here is the link to register. https://www.usatf.org/home/top-utility-nav-content/membership
Points accumulated in previous races will be retroactively added to your total.
2. Runners must be members of USA Track and Field and Utah residents.
3. All USATF-Utah members are scored in individual races as long as they are members by August 31 regardless of whether or not they complete enough races to score in the overall circuit. You can lose circuit points to USATF-Utah members who are not competing in the circuit.
4. The age group that you are in on June 30th is the age group you are in for the circuit. USATF membership must be in effect by August 31.
5. Visit individual race websites for registration, award and prize money information.
6. THE POINT SYSTEM IS AS FOLLOWS: Runners will be awarded points in the overall race category, masters age-grading category, and age group categories based on the following points in those age categories.
A. Race scoring for varying distances:
Mile-5K-10K-15K-10 Mile races will score at 1.0 times points.
Half marathons will score at 1.25 times points.
Marathons will score at 1.50 times points.
B. Race scoring for varying distances, continued:
A runner's best marathon will be scored at 1.50X points. A maximum of one race will be scored at 1.50X.
A runner's best two half marathons (or additional marathons) will score at 1.25X. A maximum of two races will be scored at 1.25X.
Additional Half Marathon / Marathon races that do not fit into the above criteria will be scored at 1.0X.
All races of 10 Miles or under will be scored at 1.0X.
Summary: One race at 1.50X, Two races at 1.25X, All others at 1.0X.
D. Participation Bonus Points:
Due to the reduced number of races, there will be no bonus points this year.
E. Eligibility. In order to qualify for awards a runner must participate in at least:
11 & Under, 12-14, and 70 & Over age divisions = 2 races
All other age divisions = 4 races
F. All USATF-Utah rules regarding distances apply.
Age Grading for Master Runners in the 2020/2021 Race Circuit
We will be incorporating Age Grading for Master Runners in the 2020/2021 Race Circuit. In track and field, scoring is based on the performance. For example, how fast an athlete runs or how high they can jump. This performance declines as athletes age. Age Grading is a type of “handicap” used in master running that is based on that runner’s age.
Age Grading provides the athlete with a percentage value of the world record for their sex in that distance.
Typical Age Grading percentages are as follows:
100% = Approximate World-Record Level
90% = World Class
80% = National Class
70% = Regional Class
60% = Local Class
Based on the latest WMA Age-Graded Tables, this ONLINE CALCULATOR by Howard Grubb, allows you to plug in your marks and determine your age graded scores.
End of circuit cash awards will be given to overall men / women open and masters categories. USATF-Utah shirt will be provided to each eligible participant. Overall and divisional winners of State Champion races will have Champion printed on the back of their shirt.
Age Graded Men/Women
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $200
3rd Place: $150
4th Place: $100
5th Place: $50
Age-graded competitors will be able to collect in both categories if they place in the open awards.
All circuit participants are eligible for participation awards and random drawing prizes given out at races and the end-of-year banquet.
If you have questions, contact Jessica Stanford or send us a message on Facebook.
11 & Under
90 & Over
Clydesdale (200 lb)
Athena (140 lb)