Follow this link for the 2023 Circuit Schedule
2023 Race Circuit Rules
Points accumulated in previous races will be retroactively added to your total.
2. Runners must be members of USA Track and Field and Utah residents.
3. All USATF-Utah members are scored in individual races as long as they are members by June 30 regardless of whether or not they complete enough races to score in the overall circuit. You can lose circuit points to USATF-Utah members who are not competing in the circuit.
4. The age group that you are in on June 30th is the age group you are in for the circuit. USATF membership must be in effect by June 30.
5. Visit individual race websites for registration, awards, and prize money information.
6. THE POINT SYSTEM IS AS FOLLOWS: Runners will be awarded points in the overall race category, masters age-grading category, and age group categories based on the following points in those age categories.
A. Race scoring for varying distances:
B. Race scoring for varying distances, continued:
D. Participation Bonus Points:
E. Eligibility. In order to qualify for awards a runner must participate in at least:
F. All USATF-Utah rules regarding distances apply.
Age Grading for Master Runners in the 2023 Race Circuit
We will be incorporating Age Grading for Master Runners in the 2023 Race Circuit. In track and field, scoring is based on the performance. For example, how fast an athlete runs or how high they can jump. This performance declines as athletes age. Age Grading is a type of “handicap” used in master running that is based on that runner’s age.
Age Grading provides the athlete with a percentage value of the world record for their sex in that distance.
Typical Age Grading percentages are as follows:
100% = Approximate World-Record Level
90% = World Class
80% = National Class
70% = Regional Class
60% = Local Class
Based on the latest WMA Age-Graded Tables, this ONLINE CALCULATOR by Howard Grubb, allows you to plug in your marks and determine your age graded scores.
Age Graded Masters Men/Women
1st Place: $1000
2nd Place: $750
3rd Place: $500
4th Place: $250
5th Place: $100
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $100
If you have questions, contact Jessica Stanford 801-635-6798 or send us a message on Facebook.
11 & Under
90 & Over